Job Location Mequon, WI
Starting Salary $72,000
Experience 2 Years
Qualifications No Diploma Needed
Benefits Benefits Offered
Hours per week 40 Hours
Work Hours - Shift 1st Shift
Start Date 21-09-14
Search by Office Milwaukee
DIRECT HIRE BUYER: Mequon, WI
This Buyer position is one of three buyers. Along with our Purchasing Supervisor, these positions are responsible for all the purchasing of product and inventory control. It is fast paced and hard work, but from all the laughter heard from that area, it sounds like they have a lot of fun, and enjoy what they do.
This position reports to the Purchasing Supervisor. Interview will be with the Purchasing Supervisor and Operations Manager and possibly the Director.
Salary Range: $55K to $60K as a salary, along with our incentive plan, (20% of quarterly salary paid quarterly ($2,750-$3,000/quarter) so with bonus annual salary could be $66,000-$72,000/yr!!!
Overview of Position: Perform a wide variety of duties to include ensuring the timely procurement of warehouse inventory materials, the placement and expediting of purchase orders, and the monitoring of appropriate inventory stocking levels to meet desired availability and service goals.
Description of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Implement necessary purchasing activities. Enter purchase orders into the computer system and print out orders. Place orders or schedule releases on blanket orders directly to suppliers. Follow up and expedite orders to maintain availability and service goals.
- Notify Purchasing Supervisor of supplier issues so corrective actions can be planned and implemented.
- Closely monitor and be responsible for ordering inventory items in assigned commodities to meet desired availability goals, service levels and customer orders. Work closely with warehouse employees to prevent stock-outs.
- Monitor the backlog and ensure ship dates are accurate and expedited.
- Take a leadership role initiating cost reduction activities on assigned commodities. Where necessary, negotiate pricing, delivery and other relevant criteria.
- Assist Warehouse employees in transaction investigation to ensure accurate inventories, to include checking in the warehouse and inventory records in the computer.
- Monitor inventory levels, take action to reduce or increase to meet service level needs and inventory level guidelines.
- Provide customer contact individuals with information regarding due dates, lead times and prices on items not carried in inventory.
- Take a leadership role in investigating all options where suppliers lead time is in excess of the customer requirements.
- Contribute and lead corrective action activities when supplier issues arise on assigned parts.
- Develop working product knowledge on assigned commodities.
- Work closely with the Administrative Assistant in the processing of accounts payable invoices. Clarify questions and issues on invoices.
- Ensure all inventory transactions for returned goods are correct to maintain proper inventory balances.
Please apply or call 715-424-0011